Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Brooke Shields + Darla


If any of you share a first name with a celebrity, you know how incredibly original people are with name comparisons. I was living in France for the past four and a half months, and every time I introduced myself, this was the conversation (translated into English, of course):

"Hi, I'm Brooke."
"Like Brooke Shields??!"
*resentful sigh* "Yes. Yes, just like Brooke Shields."

Anyway, sorry for the tangent, but I read a quick blurb about her new movie Furry Vengeance in People Magazine in which she talks about working with animals for the movie. The interviewer asks, "Do you have any animals at home?" and this is the beginning of Brooke's fantastic response:

"Our American bulldog Darla, who weighs 80 lbs. and is 11 years old. She got her nails painted the other day unbeknownst to me. She looked at me like, 'Really, has it come to this?'"

Interview credit to Ulrica Wihlborg at People, experienced dog owner who understands her dog's personality credit to Brooke Shields.

No comments:

Post a Comment