Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Dog Sitting Lucy DANGAH







My best friend came to town a few days ago for the rest of the summer, and as a great welcome present, we got to puppy sit the wonderful Lucy together. There was one downside to this: it was yesterday. The. Hottest. Day. Ever.

It was hard to breathe and hard not to faint on the ferociously sizzling pavement, but I felt even worse for Lucy. She's got a black coat, so she essentially attracts the sunlight. Needless to say, when we walked back and forth on Comm Ave, I carried her a lot of the way. Her poor sensitive puppy paws would have gotten burned otherwise.

On a happier note, my friend and I created a middle name for the infamous Lucy. Her name is now Lucy DANGAH (like "danger," only pronounced with an accent and a whip of the tongue to mimic the strike of the word). If you can't see the irony in the name considering she is a 10 week old puppy with a lot of extra skin and teeth the size of a clump of toothbrush bristles, then you and I don't share the same sense of humor. But I think it's perfect.

Either way, we confirmed that day that Lucy is a major flirt and a major dude magnet. Of course girls and boys alike stop to whimper at how disgustingly adorable she is, but she has a knack for running up to men to get their attention, and they always bite the bait. I think it's because she lives with a man, so maybe she associates the men with dad. Does that mean I can be god-mommy?

2 comments:

  1. if dangah's her middle name, whats her last name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her dad's last name is Marut, so I'm gonna go with that.

    ReplyDelete