Thursday, September 30, 2010

Beantown Bed & Biscuit on The Boston Dog Blog: Merlin, Love of My Life #2

The whole point of The Boston Dog Blog was Puppy Paparazzi for doggie celebs like Ms. Moneypenny at the beginning, so I hope no one's getting frustrated. As soon as I'm not getting smashed like a weak, wingless butterfly by all my schoolwork (me? Dramatic? Never.) I guarantee more Puppy Paparazzi posts from all around the city.

In the meantime, I still have loads of photos of my Daycare woofies to share. That said, onto my next love, and really you could call the true dog love of my life, Merlin.


Merlin is a rescue, but I would argue that he himself could rescue a person, as cheesy as this sounds, with unending love. Merly-poo is a Catahoula Leopard Dog-Spaniel Mix, and when I'm walking around the Beantown Bed & Biscuit headquarters, Merlin is still trying to sit on my lap. I hear from my bosses that this may be because Catahoulas want constant attention and Spaniels are sweet and gentle, so the mix creates the ultimate canine companion. He doesn't care that it's not possible to sit on my lap when I'm standing up, because all he wants is another million minutes of love.



Needless to say, when I am sitting down, it's a whole other level of the Merlin lovefest. He wants to give my face a bath and snuggle next to me at all times. We watch movies together, we prance around together (yes, I prance. Jealous?) and when I have to leave work and Merlin's still there, looking up at me with his blue-brown mixed eyes, I die inside a little bit. When I'm working with Merlin, the soundtrack is constantly "Let Me Tell You 'Bout My Best Friend" and I see the world through Merlin-colored glasses.


No comments:

Post a Comment